What is health coaching?
Trained health coaches help patients attain improved physical and mental well-being through the collaborative development of a personalized wellness and accountability plan. Development of the plan includes:
1) Skillful Conversation: the health coach asks open-ended questions to help determine which behaviors and/or beliefs you would like to change.
2) Motivation: clearly defining the reason why you want to make changes will make it easier to achieve your goals.
3) Goal-setting: setting specific, incremental and achievable goals helps build self-efficacy.
4) Identification of Resources and Obstacles: identifying what forms of support are available and what potential challenges you may face are important to ensure you achieve your goals.
5) Accountability: you will have regular follow-up visits with the health coach to evaluate your progress.
Health Coach Program at Pacific Cancer Care
Our certified health coach will work with you one-on-one to design a comprehensive evidence-based program that addresses the four main components of health:
- Stress Management
The program will take place over a series of appointments scheduled a few weeks apart. The first session is 60 minutes and all subsequent sessions are 30 minutes. Currently, the Health Coach Program is being offered on Wednesdays and Fridays. Please call us at 831-375-4105 to get more information on this program.
Pacific Cancer Care is proud to offer a new program to reduce food insecurity among our patients
This is a one-of-a-kind opportunity for patients to participate in a hands-on experience with our Health Coach, Dorothy Tenney, Ph.D.
We are providing 8-week sessions (in both English and Spanish) to our patients who may be experiencing food insecurities.
We provide produce boxes, Instant Pots, nutritional information, recipes, and plant-based cooking demonstrations.
Please click on the link(s) below to learn more about our program. Feel free to contact us for more information regarding this opportunity.